Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Little Bird Told Me

You may not be aware of this bit of information, but I have in recent months discovered an artist I really enjoy. Her name is Linda Etherington and her body of work reminds me a bit of Gauguin, Picasso (for her color use), and her still life has some VanGoughish elements. That being said, her work is unique. It is cheerful, whimsical, and I found a painting I really loved.When I contacted her, Linda told me she thought this painting was still available. However, I would need to be in touch with the gallery that represents her. I did and the owner was in the middle of another show and said he would be in touch. Weeks later, he thinks he may have sold it, but still unsure. Today, I get an email from Linda that put the final nail in the coffin. The painting was definitely sold. So, to whomever is in posession of this painting, "I hope you know how lucky you are." I am hoping that blog therapy will pull me out of my "blue period."

No comments: