Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday and Piano Saturday

I think I am now officially a 12 year veteran of Black Friday. It began as way for me to get a large dedicated holiday chunk of time to Christmas shop. As a nursing mom, this was extremely helpful. I would nurse the baby around 4:30 and be back in time for the next feeding.


Although it started as a practical way to tackle holiday shopping, I now no longer face those same issues, but enjoy the people, the sales, and even in a weird way being one of the first in the store sprinting for whatever it is I am trying to buy. I don't know what it is like in other parts of the country, but in the South you have some very zealous shoppers. I ran across a group of women wearing these shirts.In case you can't read the shirts (this was taken with a camera phone) the front says, "bargain hunter." The back of the shirt says, "no cutting, no saving spots, no grabbing,....a merry Christmas." OK, so I can't read it all either. Still, I thought it was pretty funny.

Today, three of our four children played Christmas in Barnes and Noble. Any purchases made with vouchers from the performance donated a portion of the proceeds to the local area music teachers association. Parker was first (they received bonus points added to their practice record if they wore the hat). Abby was next. Gil finished our group.

He was not happy about the hat, but knew he needed the points.The children did a great job. There is nothing quite like Christmas music to get you in the spirit of the season.

No comments: